What is CBD?
CBD, an acronym for Cannabidiol, is a non-psychoactive compound derived from the cannabis plant. The CBD cannabinoid is non-psychoactive and the extract is derived from an organic compound formed within the oil of the plant itself. As the most predominant cannabinoid found in hemp, CBD has been gaining attention for its potential benefits. CBD has been studied as a treatment for multiple ailments and marketed as a dietary supplement for the management of chronic pain, inflammation, anxiety, and other ailments.
How does CBD work?
The endocannabinoid system’s main function is to maintain balance and homeostasis of all the body’s systems and functions. This system is made up of the CB1 and CB2 receptors. CB1 controls several physiological functions like sleeping, appetite, vomiting, mood, pain perception, and memory, while CB2 controls inflammation since these receptors are predominantly found in the immune system. CBD does not bond directly to the CB1 or CB2 receptors but binds to different receptors and activates them to indirectly influence CB1 and CB2 receptors to produce therapeutic effects.
- What makes GCO different from other companies?
- Vertically integrated in-house 13 step process from genetics to consumer products
- Single proprietary hemp genetic used for all product formulations to minimize variance fluctuation and maximize consistency of all products
- Whole plant hemp extract that maintains the integrity of the full cannabinoid and terpene profiles including some of the beneficial acid form of the compounds which does not exist in most CBD products
- Organic, sustainable, biodynamic, regenerative farming practices that incorporate as many permaculture growing techniques as possible in our indoor state-of-the-art climate controlled greenhouses
- The first USDA certified organic hemp greenhouse production in the country operating since 2016
- 100,000 square foot climate controlled greenhouse that produces high quality hemp biomass on a perpetual year-round schedule
- Robust research and development division that focuses on genetic breeding, plant growth trials, environmental impact studies, product development and formulation, market studies, and societal impact
- Staff with over 75 years of combined cannabis experience including research, production, development, and distribution operating with integrity, honesty, passion, and an academia mindset to make the greatest impact possible.
What kind of CBD products do you sell?
We only sell true spectrum products derived from organic hemp. We do not sell CBD isolate or broad spectrum products. We offer over 40 products with a broad range of delivery systems including but not limited to tinctures, topicals, capsules, dissolvable powder, and bath/body products.
What's the difference between GCO & GCO PRO products?
Our GCO consumer line has a large offering of products that addresses a broad range of health and wellness needs. Our GCO PRO line of products takes our standard consumer line and elevates it by incorporating additional adaptogens and other plant botanicals that support your health and wellness through the entourage effect and the synergistic relationship between hemp and other plants. GCO PRO is focused on supporting specific ailments while GCO is a broad approach to all ailments.
Where do you source the hemp for your products?
We have our own in-house developed genetics produced in our 100,000 square foot certified organic greenhouse facility. We also have a meticulous 13-step process where we manage the entire lifecycle of our CBD products to assure a premium and consistent quality standard.
Do you manufacture all of your products?
Yes, we are a vertically integrated company that grows, manufactures, and produces all of our consumer goods.
What amount of CBD should I start with initially?
It is important that the body becomes fully saturated before truly understanding what your therapeutic level will be. It is recommended you start with 20 mg of CBD for 2-3 weeks in order to achieve a saturation point. At that point, it is recommended to scale up your dosage if the wanted benefits are not achieved. Over time you will find what dosage works best for you. Every individual is different and factors such as metabolism, body size, diet, exercise, nutrition, hydration, and environmental factors play a role in determining your therapeutic level.
Do you have THC in your products?
Yes, all of our products have trace amounts of THC that is less than the 0.3% THC legal limit.
Can you fail a drug test after taking GCO products?
There is always a potential for testing positive on a drug test however it is typically unlikely. There are several factors that dictate the outcome of a drug test. Those factors include the type of drug test being administered, your daily consumption or dosage, your metabolism, and your daily hydration. Although all of our products contain less than 0.3% THC, we recommend that you consult your employer or physician if this is a concern.
Do you have Third Party COAs for your products?
Yes, all of our products are third party tested and have an associated COA (Certificate of Analysis).